From our friends at Frigidaire!
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 TBSP. lemon zest
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup strawberry jam
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Select Convection Bake and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. (Bake at 350 degrees when you’re not using a convection oven setting)
- In a medium bowl combine your sugar and butter, and beat together until light and creamy (about 5 minutes). Crack in your egg and vanilla, and beat together until completely combined into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest, and cinnamon, and whisk together. Add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, and whisk together until just combined. Slowly stream in your buttermilk, while whisking, until the mixture is combined.
- Spoon 2 1/2 tablespoons each into a well-greased 12-cup muffin tin. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until the muffins are completely cooked. You can check this with a toothpick, making sure it comes out clean. Cool the cooked muffin on a rack for 20 minutes.
- Using an apple corer (or small spoon), create a small hole in the top of each muffin, about 1/2 inch deep.
- Melt your butter. In a separate bowl combine your sugar and cinnamon. Toss each muffin in the butter, and then toss in your sugar, making sure all sides are nicely coated.
- Fill a piping bag, fitted with a small attachment, and pipe 1 1/2 teaspoons of jam into each donut muffin.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.