From our friends at Frigidaire!
Fluffy slices of brioche soak up the sweet and creamy batter and get stacked side-by-side with a creamy raspberry and mascarpone filling, putting a fun twist on the classic french toast.
1 TBSP. unsalted butter, softened
10-12 slices brioche bread, sides trimmed if necessary
2 cups heavy cream
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 1/2 TBSP. light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup raspberry jam
8 ounces mascarpone, softened
Powdered sugar, sifted
100% pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Spread raspberry mascarpone on half of the bread slices and sandwich together with the other half of bread slices.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Quickly dip each ‘sandwich’ into the creamy batter and transfer into the prepared loaf pan, stacking the sandwiches side-by-side until the pan is completely full (it’s okay to cram the slices together a little bit if necessary).
- Pour remaining batter over the loaf pan and allow pan to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on top with a soft center.
- Allow french toast to cool, about 15 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar and serving with maple syrup.
Crank up your cooking tip:
This dish can be made in advance to save time. Just assemble everything into the loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the pan overnight and pop it in the Frigidaire Professional Double Wall Oven using PowerPlus™ Convection- for a shorter cooking time and an even bake.